Tuesday 13 March 2012

Cross cultural tips








Relationships are tough but, but they are more than tough when you in a cross cultural relationship, during my travel on the year 2009-2011 i saw lot things and experienced lot of challenges that are faced by people who dating but do not belong to the same culture. I find it better, I mean 10 times better than DATING someone who is not the same color as yours. The impact of apartheid in our society still rules in our hearts. It is not a secret that people start to wonder and ask questions once someone brings a white man in the township or a black guy in the suburbs, even parents start to wonder. It becomes more serious to the families.

During my travel I’ve seen how people react to those situations, and how do other people who are dating other cultures deal with the matter.

Religion and cross cultural
Most people you will find dating are Christians, in that way most of young Christians are used to the cross cultural relationships, so it is not a big deal, but they experience challenges when they are outside, we all know that you cannot stay indoors forever.

So I will give you tips on how to deal with rejections you get from the communities both black and white.

I have experienced it myself, so some opinions I will give you are personal tips. Here are they:
1.      Never dress to impress family especial light family because they will end up not liking you because you will be tying too much.
2.      If you go out, don’t ever feel intimidated if people are laughing or looking at you, because people will be always people, sometimes they are not talking about you.

To be continued..

No comments:

Post a Comment

My dream summer body that never came through

Nothing frustrates me more than New Year’s. Don’t get me wrong I love new beginnings, but nothing frustrate me more than going back to the ...